"What would you tell someone thinking of starting this course?"
- It's totally inspiring
- Fantastic value for the costs
- It's billed as something just for kindergarten teachers; but it's great for personal development and other pathways too, including Parent & Child work and child-minding
- Fantastic quality of teaching and support
"The NESWEC course is really excellently put together. The calibre of the tutors is very high. I can thoroughly recommend this course for anyone in a Steiner setting who wants to know more."
"The first four months of the course have been hard work but what a lot I have gained! I have enjoyed the balance during weekend sessions between the practical (ring-times, singing, handcraft), the theoretical ideas that underpin kindergarten practice and the impetus for self-development.
I have felt supported in my studies by excellent seminars and the wealth of kindergarten experience brought by our tutors, as well as by the other students. It has been a wonderful opportunity for learning in the widest sense of the word."
"This course is enriching my life and making so many things make sense. I am so grateful for the opportunity to learn in such a 'non imposing' way. It is such a welcome contrast to previous academic experiences. I feel like I am really in charge of my own learning and I am enjoying that process."
"The whole structure and rhythm of the course is very well thought out and delivered. It's a good balance of intellectual and creative stuff"
The course content is presented by a group of core and guest tutors. Some comments from students about the seminars and tutors include:
- very clear at presenting very difficult concepts and engages us thoroughly
- extraordinarily patient with our questions and wonderings
- explains really complicated ideas extremely clearly
- plenty of space for questions
- seminars were very helpful, especially the many examples that tutors use from long experience of teaching
- I loved the mix of movement and theory
- Everything we learn on the course gives me more confidence in the way I work
- I felt warmly welcomed